TOOLS for promoting a supportive classroom climate
- Tools intended to promote positive classroom cultures and support perseverance in their classrooms.
- Track and reinforce good behaviors for individual students.
- Set up a positive learning environment that is adaptive to individual students.
- Arkansas Digital Sandbox
- Twitter--social networking,microblogging
- Google Docs/Drive/Hangouts--web-based word processing, presentation, form and data storage with multifaceted video capabilities.
- Simple Surface--task lists, multimedia group collaboration
- Realtime Board--online whiteboard and collaboration tool, multimedia
- Coggle.it--collaborative, free form notes with features of online whiteboard
- Pinside--online collaborative and personal sticky notes
- Popplet--multimedia online mindmapping
- Slatebox--embeddable multimedia mindmapping
- Murally--online brainstorming, synthesis and collaboration
- Padlet--group whiteboard, collaboration, research, discussion, multimedia, embeddable
- LinoIt--multimedia online collaborative sticky notes and canvas
- Google Forms--create and analyze forms, multi-use
- wevideo--video creation,animation
TOOLS to provide a motivating environment
Simulated worlds, interactive stories, engaging visual environments, playful collaborations with other players, vividly designed avatars and personas and optimally challenging tasks that are adaptive and provide immediate feedback.
- Kahoot--online delivery of questions and surveys, multimedia
- Metta--digital presentation tool that allows videos from YouTube, pictures and voice recording option
- Thinkglink--tool for collaboratively collecting images and sharing
- Sokratik--creating audio slideshows
- Educanon--creating, assigning, and tracking your students' progress on flipped lessons
- Teachem--uses TED Ed model of creating video lessons with YouTube
- Verso--deliver flipped lessons to students and gather feedback
- Gooru--create and share collections of educational videos, texts, and images
- Storyboard That--templates in which you can create your stories in a comic strip style
- Marvel Kids--templates for comic strips and comic books
- Make Beliefs--variety of templates, characters, and prompts to build comic strips
- Silk--share collections of materials and write text directly on to a webpage directly into your web pages
- Audioboo--creating short audio messages
- Projeqt--mix content from the web with your own content to create stories
- wideo--animated video creation
- wordmover--story and poem starter and canvas
- VyClone--collaborative video making
- Screencast-o-Matic---online screen recording software
- mp3cut--audio cutting tool
- tubechop--youtube cutting/editing tool
- Vocaroo--voice recording service
TOOLS that promote learning strategies and an academic mindset
- Tools that target learning strategies, either as a general skills or embedded within content learning.
- Tools that support self-regulated learning when students engage with multimedia information (text, diagrams, charts, audio and video clips).
- Tools that support analyzing, classifying, indexing and evaluation information.
- Tools that include annotation capabilities, chat tools , feedback.