Google's tutorial on Chromebooks: CLICK HERE
I received my Chromebook at the end of the school year and I began to explore the differences in a Chromebook and a PC. I struggled and if you have students who are used to a PC they may struggle as well. Every time I hit a brick wall trying to figure out how to do something( from right clicking to attempting to take a print screen) I used Google as my resource for resolving my problem! I used to tell my students Google is our friend, if you get stuck; see if Google can help you!
- Use TWO fingers to scroll
- Use TWO fingers to right click
- Caps lock: Alt + Search
- Search to find APPS
- Search + Files to find your files
Top Row: Shortcut Keys
- Key 1: Esc key
- Key 2: Go to the previous page in your browser history
- Key 3: Go to the next page in your browser history
- Key 4: Reload your current page.
- Key 5: Open your page in full-screen mode.
- Key 6: Switch to your next window
- Key 7: Decrease screen brightness
- Key 8: Increase screen brightness
- Key 9: Mute
- Key 10: Decrease system volume.
- Key 11: Increase system volume.
- Key 12: Power
- Key 1: Control
- Key 2: Alt
- Key 3: Spacebar
- Key 4: Alt
- Key 5: Control
- Key 6: Left arrow
- Key 7 - Top key: Up arrow
- Key 7 - Bottom key: Down arrow
- Key 8: Right arrow
Turn on Google Drive offline
To save your Google Drive documents for offline use:
- If you haven't already, sign in to your Chromebook.
- Make sure that your Chromebook is connected to the web.
- Open Chrome .
- Go to drive.google.com.
- In the upper right corner, click the settings icon > Settings.
- In the "Offline" area, check the box for Sync Google Docs, Sheets, Slides & Drawings files to this computer so that you can edit offline.
- Click Done.
- Wait for a few minutes. Your Chromebook will automatically save your Google Drive documents so you can read or edit them when you're offline. If you have a lot of files, you might see a message that your files are syncing.
Everything you can do offline with a Chromebook.
10 Trick to Make Yourself a Chromebook Master
10 essential Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts You Need to Know
Integrating Technology in the Classroom: 10 Chromebook Tips
Chromebook keyboard Short cuts