Posted Date: 04/03/2020
The Genoa Central School District (GCSD) is aware of ongoing concerns regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and is following the guidance of the Arkansas Department of Health and the Arkansas Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
The GCSD is monitoring absenteeism and encouraging staff and students to stay home if they are sick or exhibit fever, cough, and shortness of breath. We are continuing to take extra steps daily to disinfect classrooms. This also includes fogging our buildings and buses over the weekends.
As a reminder, the GCSD is emphasizing the importance of practicing general viral infection prevention measures, including:
• Covering a cough or sneeze with tissue or sleeve;
• Washing hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
• Avoiding touching of the face;
• Avoiding close contact with people who are sick;
• Get a flu shot;
• Stay home if there are symptoms of illness, as well as notify a doctor of any symptoms and recent travel history.
• Districts are requested to identify any student or staff who may have traveled from a country with community transmission within the last 14 days (see link for currently affected countries with Level 2 or 3 Travel Notice: : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html ) This information is permitted to be shared with ADH under the public emergency rule. Contact your school nurse with questions or concerns.
The GCSD appreciates your understanding in light of the situation and will continue to provide communication updates as the latest facts arise. Updates will be provided through district resources as they come to light.